INTEGRAL WORLD: EXPLORING THEORIES OF EVERYTHING
An independent forum for a critical discussion of the integral philosophy of Ken Wilber
Publication dates of essays (month/year) can be found under "Essays".
HUGH MARTIN is listed in Who's Who in America and Who's Who in the World. He has appeared on numerous talk shows, led seminars at many colleges and corporations, and spoken at numerous professional conferences and colloquia. Mr. Martin is president of the FINRA-registered securities brokerage firm, Hugh Martin Securities, and of the SEC-registered investment advisory firm, Hugh Martin & Co. Hugh is also president and co-founder of the life planning and counseling firm, Whole Life Counseling. AMALIA KAYE MARTIN ('Kaye') is an early-education specialist, a gifted natural medicine practitioner, and an instructor in nutrition and natural medicine at Baumann College.
JOSEPH CAMPBELL, &
THE MEANING OF LIFE
How Two Great Thinkers Collaborate to Give Us
The Ultimate Hero's Journey of Personal Growth & Human Development
System #6 -- Perspective Growth
Hugh & Kaye Martin
Hugh & Kaye Martin's new book presents a unique, new way of viewing personal growth and human development. In this series, Integral World presents excerpts from the Advanced Version, Volume 1 -- sections of the book that were omitted from IW's previously-published Introductory Version -- because they are more complex, more speculative, or more controversial.
Where do the 'Quadrants' of Ken Wilber's AQAL fit into this new model of human development called ADAPT? The Quadrants are renamed as 'Perspectives' -- a term that is more descriptive of the concept's function. These Perspectives are then applied to the process of Human Growth.
Perspective Growth occurs as we broaden the Perspectives from which we view and orchestrate our lives:
- There are four Perspectives toward which we can direct our growth: Inner/ Individual (subjective); Outer/ Individual (objective); Inner/ Collective (cultural); and Outer/ Collective (societal). By adopting any one of these Perspectives, we embark upon a corresponding Path of life.
- In the process of trying out various Perspectives, we can develop a form of Multiple Identity called Shifting Identity. Shifting Identity is an important skill that enables us to move fluidly from one Perspective to another.
- To show you how Perspective Growth helps people to grow, we present two case studies:
- Bernard -- The solitary, narrow-minded introvert who becomes open and convivial.
- Sheila -- The spoiled, self-absorbed teenage rebel who becomes caring and compassionate.
 Perspective Growth applies Wilber's Quadrants to the subject of Human Development. It does not purport to describe the full implications of Wilber's concept.
Click here to read the PDF (11MB) of
Instalment #2, System #6 -- Perspective Growth
directly in your browser
(Or right-click on the link to save this PDF to your computer.)
We recommend you read this book by opening a two-page spread, just as if you were reading a printed book. To do this, please right-click this link to download this PDF installment and save it to your computer. Then double-click to open the file in Adobe Acrobat. Then go to View > Page Display > And check: Two-Page View, Gaps Between Pages, and Show Cover Page. If possible, view the book on a big monitor. This way you'll get the full impact of all the graphics and tables in the book's two-page, six-perspective format.
The Human Odyssey series comes in four versions of differing lengths -- with three editions of each: Color, Black-&-White, and Kindle. The authors recommend beginning with the Quickstart Color Version.
To see all buying options for The Human Odyssey, click this Amazon link
To buy this book use the
Amazon ads at the top of this page.
Publication History “The Human Odyssey”
- The Human Odyssey, Our Journey of Life from Infancy to Eternity
- Ken Wilber, Joseph Campbell & the Meaning of Life